Photography is an art that almost all fields require skilled professionals in or at least high-quality products. With the growth of the internet, an a shift of sensibilities towards online advertising and marketing, the importance that high-quality images play in influencing consumers is undeniable. It is not always possible to have photographers or designers capable of producing this content in all organizations. This is where stock photography websites like Shutterstock come in. They possess large portfolios of images that are suited to meet the demands of all types of consumers. These sites are expensive and not transparent to end users.
Wemark is an alternative stock photography marketplace where premium quality content by renown photographers is available for download and licensing. Images of all price range from low-cost images to exclusive content are available at optimum rates. This benefits not only buyers but also the photographers as they get to keep their content with the help of licensing. Wemark aims to build an alternative distributive network for digital content and through reduce control of the distributors and shift power back to producers.
How Wemark differs
- Wemark is not a normal stock agency. Here content is obtained directly from the producer itself through licensing without the involvement of any third party or middleman. This eliminates the need for any commissions meaning better rates for consumers.
- Wemark has a much-improved royalty policy as compared to its competitors with photographers earning as much as 85% of the total sale value.
- Through the use of the blockchain, Wemark establishes a new benchmark in transparency as all transactions are noted on the blockchain ledger and rendered immutable.
- Wemark as a next-gen marketplace supports its own token – WemarkToken enabling buyers and sellers to become a part of its economy.
What Wemark means for photographers
- Photographers get to keep 85% of the revenue generated by the platform.
- Using the public and transparent nature of the blockchain, it is possible to keep track of who licenses the products.
- Photographers retain full rights over their products.
- Access to a community of similar and independent creators.
Wemark is a growing community of independent content producers who use blockchain technology to directly license images to consumers without any middleman, thus creating a sustainable business model for the industry.
Getting started on Wemark is extremely simple and requires just a few minutes of your time. The first step is to Create a Wemark account through a smart and secure portal. This process can be completed within three minutes. This is followed by step 2, where users upload their products onto their portfolios. Step 3 involves verification where users upload a copy of their government identification like driver’s license or passport to prove their identity. The fourth step is the review. Here Wemark revies all the information provided by users and their content if any is uploaded and then contacts the user informing them that they are now members of the marketplace.
Wemark employs a balance between transparency and privacy with a combination of anonymous and identified data being recorded on an hourly basis to improve trust. This allows photographers to keep track of all data related to their products. The royalty rates established are much higher than the industry standards of 30% used by Adobe and Getty and cannot be altered by either Wemark or the photographers.
Wemark Tokens are the native payment system for the platform and can be used for purchase as well as incentives.
The core team at Wemark consists of Co-founders Tai Kash – CEO veteran in digital marketing, Pavel Elkind – CTO and Tech leader with experience in the software and IT industry, and Roy Meirom – VP Business Development, a serial entrepreneur with experience in building strategic teams.
Advisors to the Wemark core team include noted individuals in the software and business sectors like Lars Perkins – Director at Google, Miguel Forbes of Forbes Inc, Lee Torrens of Canva and Karen Sachs formerly of Shutterstock.
More Details of Wemark ICO:
Official Website: https://www.wemark.com
ICO Site: https://tge.wemark.com
ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3347524.new#new
Post By Anton De Mel
Bitcointalk Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1770640